wordquiz.org is available for all to use free of charge, without ads, and with account creation completely optional. If no account is created, no personally identifiable data is stored by this site. The site uses an SSL certificate for improved security (https:).
The primary functionality offered by wordquiz.org is available without an account. If the user wishes to store their quiz results for future reference, then an account is needed.
If an optional account is created, the following information is stored, but never shared with third parties:
- First and last name: Feel free to make up anything; you need not use your real name.
- Email: If you do not wish to share this, you can use a dummy email such as email@example.com. Note: emails are only used to confirm lost password reset. If you use a dummy email, you will not be able to reset your password if it is lost.
- Username/Password: Password is encrypted and only visible to user.
- Quiz Results: This info is never shared with third parties and for use by the owner. Data stored is:
- Name of word list, how many correct out of possible, quiz type (spelling, definitions, synonyms), date quiz taken
Users can delete their accounts at any time by selecting Profile->Account and then "Delete Account" in the left menu.